Nagai Again
Nagai Again

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Getter rays

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER

PostSubject: Getter rays   2/26/2012, 4:23 am

So what do Getter rays do and don't? I've read countless and countless of debates about it without reaching to a single uniform conclusion. Can we attempt this now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OnePixelJumpMan

PostSubject: Re: Getter rays   2/26/2012, 11:31 am

Well, according to Hayato in Getter Go volume 5, "It ended the reign of the dinosaurs," "... it was responsible for accelerating our evolution," and, "It's also a clean and infinite energy..." We can take as fact, therefore, that Getter Rays kill dinosaurs for some reason, accelerate the evolution of certain creatures but not others, and is an infinite energy source that produces no pollution. I've heard that Getter Rays kill dinosaurs because it hyper evolves them until they disintegrate, but it makes them look more like they melt from something like Breast Fire. It's probably also likely that different continuities (classic anime, Armaggedon, Shin vs. Neo, Go, New, and of course manga) have different rules for how Getter Rays work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onepixeljump.com
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER

PostSubject: Re: Getter rays   2/26/2012, 11:41 am

I see. In the manga, the humans all embrace the Getter because it's adapted to them, but in Armageddon, they all reject it.

I also read Getter Robo back then, and it was said that Getter is basically life and has a conscience on its own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OnePixelJumpMan

PostSubject: Re: Getter rays   2/26/2012, 5:13 pm

I think this was in the end of Go: Shin Getter is used as the avatar for Getter Energy, and they speak to Go directly telling him that natural forces have wills of their own, Getter Rays being the will of evolution itself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onepixeljump.com
Anony

PostSubject: Re: Getter rays   3/7/2012, 12:15 am

Well, we do know that it's the embodiment of life and has its own will and part in the "plan". The moral of the end of Getter Robo Go seemed to be that life can aquire new heights at times of hardship. So my idea is that everything it does serves that. Getter rays came to Earth to force the creatures here to adapt to it and evolve, including the dinosaurs.
Getter Emperor fucking shit up was also because of that, it was just a normal war for dominance, and it stands to reason that there are losers. It intervened when the Andromeda Flow Country tried to destroy Earth, because using time travel to destroy a species when it has no way of fighting back is cheating.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getter rays   Today at 10:34 pm

Back to top Go down

Getter rays
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1